Friday, September 16, 2011

New Movie: I Don't Know How She Does It

I enjoy when chick lit books are turned into movies. I enjoy seeing how everyone else views the characters and storyline. I also like to see whether the book has been portrayed in a smiliar way to how I thought it would be. Many times the novel is better than the film version, however occasionally a great film version that comes along that I really enjoy.

The latest chick lit novel to be turned into a movie is I Don't Know How She Does It, based on the novel by Alison Pearson. Starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Pierce Brosnan I Don't Know How She Does It is a comedy centering around Kate Reddy who has to balance her day job working at a finacial management firm with homelife of her husband and two children. Kate is constantly trying to figure out this never ending balancing act, which her best friend and working mother Alison manages on a daily basis and her child phobic junior assitant Morno plans to avoid. Kate wins a new account at work which means she must travel to New York and her husband, Richard, also wins a new job, which means that they are both spreading themselves even thinner than before. Kate's charming new business associate, Jack, doesn't exactly help matters, as he increasingly becomes a source of temptation. Will Kate's marriage survive or will she burn out?

I Dont Know How She Does It is released today (16th September 2011) and I plan on seeing this movie and letting you guys know what I think.

Has anyone been to see the movie yet? Are you excited about it? Leave me a comment and let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...