Thursday, November 10, 2011

Always The Wedding Planner Never The Bride by Sandra D Bricker: A Review

Always The Wedding Planner Never The Bride by Sandra D Bricker

When Was It Released?: 

1st October 2011
Where Did I Get It From?:

From the publishers for review.
Who Published It?:

Abingdon Press
Number Of Pages:

320 pages

 
Working in the wedding industry, I’m just a little bit in love with all things wedding and that includes books about weddings. When I heard about the novel Always The Wedding Planner Never The Bride by Sandra D Bricker I just knew that I had to read it. Always The Wedding Planner Never The Bride is the second book in the Emma Rae Creations series with Always The Baker Never The Bride being the first book. After all what could be better than chick lit with weddings and wedding planning? Not much in my eyes, which is why I was so excited to get started.

Sherilyn Caine has left Chicago behind to marry Andrew Drummond IV, an Atlanta native with a family name that tops all the social registers. Landing the job as The Tanglewood’s wedding planner is a piece of cake for someone with a Type A personality; she’s the perfect fit for a wedding destination hotel known for its attention to even the tiniest details. But when everything else is going along swimmingly, why are her own wedding plans drowning right before her eyes? One way or the other, Sherilyn is determined to make this wedding work—until the latest development threatens to call the whole thing off. Is it possible that Sherilyn is allergic to her fiance?

Always The Wedding Planner Never The Bride was a really fun read with plenty of Southern charm thrown in. I did find the pace to be a little slow to begin with, finding it a little hard to get into the story to begin with. Sandra D Bricker’s humour was spot on throughout and I laughed out loud multiple times while reading the book. I really enjoyed all the wedding elements involved and loved having a real insight into the wedding planning world. In particular I love the little titbits of wedding planner advice and recipes that were added in at the end of chapters. The love story involved between Sherilyn and Andy was really sweet, yet realistic, with both of them having doubts at times which I could defiantly relate to.



I really liked the characters within Always The Wedding Planner Never The Bride in particular Emma and her Southern charm. I also liked Sherilyn finding her to be hilarious, relatable and caring. Her self esteem issues made me really feel for Sherilyn and her doubts over the wedding again make her very relatable. I found myself wishing throughout that these characters were real so I could make friends with them. One word of warning, however Always The Wedding Planner Never The Bride has a lot of religious references. While I do not mind some elements of religion in the novels that I read I did find this got a little overwhelming. There were many parts of the novel where God was mentioned multiple times as well as praying. While I did not feel as though religion was being pushed down my throat I did find there were too many references for my tastes.

Overall I really enjoyed Always The Wedding Planner Never The Bride finding it to be entertaining, hilarious and it had a range of characters that I loved. If you are looking for a great story with lots of wedding fun thrown in then this is defiantly the book for you. I would highly recommend Always The Wedding Planner Never The Bride and I cannot read to the next book in the Emma Rae series.




1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!I so envy you for reading this..I can't wait to get my hands on this book! Feel in love with it the minute I saw the cover! Great review Georgina!!! Thanks for sharing.

    P.S. I thought I was your follower already!!!I usually add both here and on twitter. Oh silly me, I guess I forgot to add your blog! Looking forward to your new reviews. Oh and your blog is amazing! Love pink!!! x x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...